The Aboriginal Service Unit from the Department of Communities and Justice is now seeking expressions of interest from community members to become a member of the Aboriginal Community Justice Group (ACJG) in the Northern Rivers.
What and who are the ACJG?
- Peak body to advise the NSW Department of Justice on issues that impact the Aboriginal community and the justice system.
- Representatives of the local Aboriginal community who come together to examine crime and offending in their community and develop ways to address this.
- Work with different parts of the criminal justice system to ensure each is working as effectively as possible for the local community.
- Encourage to identify local goals.
- Identify priorities and strategies.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Aboriginal Community Justice Group or would like to fill in an Expression of Interest to become a member, contact Tracey on 0491 226 434 or Mishika on 0459 876 191.