(02) 6620 1800 [email protected]

The State and Federal Government fund several rebate programs for electricity and gas customers in NSW. Contact your retailer to see if you are eligible to have rebates applied to your account. There are also some water rebates available. Contact your water provider to discuss your eligibility.

You may be eligible for a rebate if you have a Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card issued by Services Australia or the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA), or a DVA Gold Card.

Rebates are available to customers who have an account in their name or who pay their bill to an owner or manager of a residential park, retirement village or strata scheme (on-supply customers).

Types of rebates

• Low Income Household Rebate

• Gas Rebate

• Medical Energy Rebate

• Life Support Rebate

• Family Energy Rebate

• Seniors Energy Rebate

• Essential Medical Equipment Payment.

Things to remember

• The financial support and application process differs between each rebate.

• Tell your energy retailer that you have a concession card, the number and the expiry date.

• The card holder and bill recipient must be the same person and the information will be verified.

• Some rebates will appear on your energy bill and others will be credited to your bank account.

• Your rebate may be backdated if it does not appear after you have informed your retailer.

Read the factsheet on rebates or visit Service NSW service.nsw.gov.au/services/concessions-rebates-and-assistance.

There is help at the NSW Energy and Water Ombudsman if you are having difficulties with rebates or do not agree with your retailer’s response.

Freecall: 1800 246 545* Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm

Freepost: Reply Paid 86550 Sydney South NSW 1234

Interpreter: 131 450

TTY/Voice: 133 677

Online: ewon.com.au

* If you are calling from a mobile phone, let us know and we will call you back.