Become Safe and Legal Drivers is a fee-free course to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to obtain a learner driver permit delivered by TAFE.
Get Licenced Get legal is a 30 hour program delivered across multiple locations across the North Region including: Kingscliff, Ballina, Lismore, Casino, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Nambucca Heads, Port Macquarie and Taree.
TAFE NSW are planning the delivery of the Driver Licensing Access Program (DLAP) for Semester Two 2022 and Semester One 2023.
As part of our planning TAFE NSW invite you to express your interest offering you assistance to get licensed, get legal and become safe drivers at no cost!
TAFE NSW will support you to prepare for and sit the NSW Learners Drivers’ Knowledge Test through training in:
• Literacy, numeracy and familiarity with computer based licence testing to provide better access to driver licence tests
• Road safety and licensing education to support understanding of the Learner Driver Handbook
• Licensing enrolment support and assistance e.g. obtaining identity documents, filling in forms
• Preparation for the Driver Knowledge Test
• Support participants through government processes e.g. filling in forms, accompanying to Service NSW Centres
• Exemption from fees for the Driver Knowledge Test