Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service’s Tackling Indigenous Smoking Program takes a population health approach (non-clinical). The program plays an active role in raising the profile of smoke-free environments, building capacity in tobacco control and smoking cessation, preventing the uptake of smoking tobacco and vaping. With a focus on young people, schools, pregnant women and households and improving access to smoking cessation advice and programs.
The program is recruiting Tobacco Action Workers.
The Tobacco Action Workers will assist in the delivery of regional smoking prevention and promote cessation social marketing campaigns and events. The TIS Program is an outward facing community program. The TAW role requires you to travel throughout the NSW Northern Rivers region, which can include weekends and out of business hours.
*Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please provide address the following question in no more than a two-page cover letter:
- Experience in effectively communicating and working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities,
- Ability to develop and maintaining effective networks, and relationship with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and other service providers
- Knowledge in project administration, coordination, and/or planning, including strong organisational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Personal drive and ability to determine priorities workloads and work effectively in teams
Please apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages) through seek or by email to [email protected]
Closing date: Midnight 2/09/2022. Positions may be filled before closing date with suitable applicants.
For further information on the Tobacco Action Worker positions, please contact the Regional Tobacco Coordinator Leanne Miles on 0408 091 279.