For 35 years, ACON has played a leading role in reducing HIV transmissions, supporting people living with HIV and empowering LGBTQ people to take control of their health. From the beginning, our movement has been propelled by the power of our communities united together in the fight for health equity and justice.
Today, in the face of another global pandemic, we continue to serve those in our communities who are most vulnerable.
Our front-line staff are continuing their duty serving our communities during the COVID-19 crisis. Right now they are …
- Assisting community members needing mental health support through phone and video counselling
- Helping people in our communities with complex needs through our care coordination service
- Providing harm reduction support and supplies through our substance support services and needle and syringe programs
- Giving vulnerable people living with HIV access to food and other provisions
- Hosting virtual workshops and support groups on sexual health, mental health, ageing and trans and gender diverse health
Because of COVID-19, demand for our health services have grown significantly and we need your help. To help us continue making a difference in the lives of thousands of LGBTQ people and people with HIV, please consider making a donation to ACON.
Give as much or as little as you like – every little bit counts. Make a one-off donation or become a regular donor – any support is gratefully accepted, and all donations over $2 are tax deductible
More info here https://www.acon.org.au
Email us with any questions [email protected]