The Australian Government has created the Disability Gateway for people with disability, their families and their carers. It was created to improve the navigation to access relevant information and services and be a central point of entry for referrals to disability information, services and programs.
The Disability Gateway website hosts information and links about 10 different areas of life:
- Money: Information about payments and supports.
- Employment: All about training and finding a job.
- Aids and equipment: Technology that makes your day-to-day life easier.
- Housing: Information about finding a home that suits your needs.
- Transport: Getting where you need to go.
- Health: Information about the supports and services that keep you healthy.
- Day-to-day living: Information about the things you do every day.
- Education: Learning new things and getting new skills.
- Leisure: All about sports, hobbies, travel and holidays.
- Legal: Information about your rights and the people who can support you.
There are videos, easy to read guides, ReadSpeaker and translation services available to make everything on the site accessible for all.
<!– [if gte mso 9]>