The Department of Health’s Service Development Assistance Panel (SDAP) provides free professional support to aged care providers who are located in rural and remote areas or who provide care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Qualified and experienced professionals on the panel work with eligible providers to:
- help improve service delivery and administration by addressing challenges such as clinical care, financial and workforce planning, governance, and regulation
- provide personalised support through offsite and face-to-face training and mentoring to help maintain financial viability and meet regulatory obligations.
You can apply for support if you:
- are located in a rural or remote location, and/or
- provide services to a significant number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples anywhere in Australia
and offer aged care services under the following programs:
- residential aged care under the Aged Care Act 1997
- Home Care Packages Program
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme (in some cases).
To apply, complete the application form on the Department of Health website.
Questions and completed applications can be submitted via email to the Department of Health at [email protected].
More details can be found in the link.