The Disaster Response Legal Service is a free legal service that is available to anyone who has been affected by disasters. This service will continue to be available to community members even after our local recovery centres have closed.
Legal Aid NSW Disaster Response Legal Service (DRLS)
The Disaster Response Legal Service provides free legal help for disaster affected individuals in NSW with legal issues like:
- Insurance claims and disputes
- Housing and rental problems including caravan parks – damage to premises, rent reductions, repairs, etc.
- Credit, debt, fines and financial hardship
- Eligibility for disaster welfare payments and Government grants
- Employment – unfair dismissals, entitlements,
- Replacing important documents
- Domestic violence
- Other legal problems related to disasters.
Anyone can get free help by contacting the Disaster Response Legal Service NSW helpline on 1800 801 529 (9am to 5pm weekdays).
Further information and links are on the Disaster Response Legal Service website-Legal Aid NSW Disaster Response Legal Service.
Here is a link to a 5 minute video that sets out how theservice can help- https://youtu.be/wBFUxU2jgzk