Better Chances Forum Engagement Practice Project Workshops across the Northern Rivers.
To register please use the online form.
In 2022 the Better Chances Forum (BCF) facilitated workshops with workers and managers from Early Intervention Connect (EIC) Services in Northern NSW.
Four workshops were held in Tweed Heads, Lennox Head, Grafton and online in June 2022. There were 39 participants. Workshops were jointly facilitated by Social Futures and Ngunya Jarjum.
Participants worked in small groups – sharing experiences of successful engagement with a child, young person or family, and discussing what made the engagement successful, followed by larger group discussion about implications for our engagement practice.
Engagement practice themes
What the sector told us was important?
· Relationships, relationships, relationships
· Self– determination, empowerment and decision making
· Working with humanity
· Practical engagement tips
These insights can be found in the report here.
Where to from here?
Participants were keen to continue working together to develop shared approaches and tools to guide how we engage with children, young people, their families and communities. BCF will host additional workshops to develop a shared practice guide/tools and continue to facilitate reflective practice conversations focused on engagement.
We are also committed to including the voices of children, young people families and communities as we develop our practice together.
How to participate?
A series of workshops to be held throughout the Northern Rivers. Lunch will be provided at face to face workshops.
· Grafton – Wednesday 16 November 2022 – 10:30am – 1:30pm – Vines @ 139 Cafe, Grafton
· Ballina – Thursday 8 December 2022- 9:30am – 1:00pm – Ballina Surf Club (within BCF forum)
· Online (via Teams) – Wednesday 18 January 2023 – 11:00am – 1:00pm (teams invite will be sent upon registration)
· Tweed – Wednesday 15 February – 10:00am – 1:00pm – Tweed Civic Centre
To register for these free workshops please use the online form.
We encourage you to consider engagement tools/frameworks/guides you currently use before you participate. The intention is to enhance our existing tools by developing a shared tool which can support us with engagement. During the sessions we will take time to discuss:
· how do our existing tools and frameworks support us to understand and connect with children, young people and families
· what do we need to support the engagement practice themes identified in the 2022 engagement practice workshops
· what is needed in shared engagement tools [or a shared practice guide]?
Ian: 0438 005 798
Katrina: 0416 277 244