Lismore and Disrict Financial Counselling Service has been providing financial counselling to the NSW Northern Rivers community for more than 30 years and our small team is growing.
It is seeking to recruit financial counsellors for several full-time, two-year fixed-term roles working with the Flood Recovery Team providing face-to-face and telephone financial counselling support to Northern Rivers residents affected by the February 2022 flood events.
- Full-time, 2 year fixed-term
- SCHCADS Level 4 – 5
- Based at our new Casino head office
- Involving travel to various outreach locations throughout region
- Strong community engagement component
- 35 hour week
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Leave loading
- Time in lieu
- Flexible working conditions
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Membership or eligible for membership of Financial Counsellor’s Association of NSW or equivalent;
- Experience as a financial counsellor or equivalent (eg. including volunteer roles, placements);
- Own reliable vehicle and ability to travel in the region to deliver outreach services and education.
DESIRABLE SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Diploma in Financial Counselling;
- Demonstrated counselling skills;
- Experience working with people suffering trauma.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to apply in writing for the position, addressing the selection criteria. Please specifically respond to each of the criteria in your application. If you do not address each of the selection criteria, it is unlikely that you will be considered for an interview.
You should also include a resume that lists your personal details (incl. name, address and contact details), educational background, previous positions, experience, and two or three referees (names, positions and contact details).
(Candidates studying towards the Diploma of Financial Counselling are also encouraged to apply.)
Email applications to: [email protected] with “Flood Recovery Application” in the subject.