The Benchmarque Group has launched their new free online-only Foundations of Chronic Disease program.
A perfect introduction or refresher to the foundations of chronic disease, the program is also the gateway for The Benchmarque Group’s new Chronic Disease Learning pathway.
Delivered 100% online, the program is aimed at a range of health professionals working within Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander health or who have Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients, and is estimated to take less than 10 hours to complete.
Upon successful completion of the program, students should have the ability to:
• Understand the burden of chronic disease
• Identify priority groups
• Understand the health professional’s role in Close the Gap
• Understand the patient journey and link to coordinated care, cultural safety, health literacy and communication styles
• Identify the need for prevention and the use of prevention tools
• Understand care coordination.
The Chronic Disease Pathway extended learning options, which will include nationally accredited face-to-face programs, are due to be released in the next quarter. These programs are fully funded by the Australian Government Department of Health – meaning there is no cost to register and complete. Topics include nutrition, foot health and chronic disease care planning. Completing the Foundations of Chronic Disease program now will enable students to register directly into these programs once they are available.
Or phone: 1300 855 568