In March 2020, Women with Disabilities Australia (WWDA) launched a new website by and for women and girls with disability, called Our Site (previously Our Place) – https://oursite.wwda.org.au.
Our Site provides a huge range of information and resources in different formats across five key topics related to the rights of women and girls with disability:
1. Human Rights
2. Leadership and Participation
3. Decision-making and choices
4. Sexual and reproductive health and rights
5. Safety from all forms of violence.
Since the initial launch, there have been some significant changes and additions to Our Site, including:
– Improvements to the Easy Read content and functionality, so that the full website can now be navigated in Easy Read format (see https://oursite-easyread.wwda.org.au)
– A new page on Natural Disasters and Crises and a new page on Coronavirus
– The addition of new real stories told by women with disability.
WWDA will continue to build on and improve the Our Site website into the future to ensure that it remains a current and valuable online resource for women and girls with disability.
As an organisation that works with and for women with disability, we would love for you to help us spread the word about Our Site.
To assist with this, we have attached the following:
– An Our Site Flyer written in Easy Read (accessible PDF)
You can find out about other ways to promote Our Site on the WWDA website here: http://wwda.org.au/promote-our-site/
Thank you for your support and please don’t hesitate to contact us with any queries or feedback.
The Women with Disabilities Australia team
Naomi Thomson – Project Manager – Women With Disabilities Australia (WWDA)
Ph: 0448 417 875 Email: [email protected] Web: www.wwda.org.au Facebook: ttp://www.facebook.com/WWDA.Australia