The St Vincent de Paul Society is seeking a team leader for Fred’s Place.( Job No: VIN2474 Location: Tweed Heads Employment Status: Permanent, full-time Closing Date: 21 Nov 2021 AEDT )
This is a SCHCADS- award, level-5 position, the hourly rates range from $42.94 to $44.88. It has generous salary packaging benefits where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
Bring your great leadership skills to a team dedicated to making a difference to people’s lives. The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society. We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
Your new role
The Team Leader – Fred’s place will provide day to day leadership in all operational aspects of the engagement hub delivering community-based support to people experiencing, or at risk of homelessness. You will use your leadership skills to motivate and supervise the team and improve the quality and consistency of the vital services provided to clients of Fred’s place, roviding supervision, guidance and leadership to team members and ensure they have the capability to accomplish team goals.
- foster a service culture characterised by partnership and collaboration with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- providing regular reports as required by the Regional Manager
- be actively involved in continuous quality improvement activities e.g. accreditation, review of policies and procedures
- provide direct client support with an ethical and non-judgemental stance.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in Social Work/Social Science/Community Welfare or other relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team and coordinating site management
- Demonstrated experience knowledge of issues relating to homelessness including but not limited to family breakdown, mental illness and substance misuse.
- Sound knowledge of the housing and community services sector
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis situations
- Understanding of administrative, accountability and data management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish collaborative relationships that enhance client outcomes
- An ability and commitment to maintain an ethical, non-judgmental, attitude towards clients and staff
- Sound knowledge of WH&S legislation as it relates to the workplace
- Knowledge of child protection issues, legislation and requirements
- Proficiency with computers and industry-related software is required
- NSW driver licence and ability to travel.
This role gives you the opportunity to add value whilst opportunity for development and career growth. If this sounds like you, apply now by submitting your application with a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements of the position description.
If you have questions about this role, please email Anna Scott (Team Leader, Homelessness and Housing Services) on [email protected], quote: Team Leader, Freds Place/VIN2474.
*The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check, Working with Children check*
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.