The Centre for Volunteering, on behalf of the Australian Government, is offering grants of between $1,000 to $5,000 to volunteer involving organisations to help support the inclusion of vulnerable people through volunteering.
Volunteer based organisations can use these grants to help support the efforts of NSW’s volunteers. The grants provide small amounts that organisations and community groups can use for the following items/activities:
- Small equipment items
- Transport costs of volunteers with a disability
- Fuel costs incurred by volunteers
- Training for volunteers
- Background screening checks of volunteers
- Documentation requirements
- Post COVID-19 re-engagement activities for volunteers
- Adapting practices to support volunteers safety in relation to COVID-19
Visit The Centre’s website to find out more about the activities/items that can help you support your volunteers. Applications close 20 September.
Volunteer involving organisations are encouraged to consider this funding opportunity, the program guidelines, fact sheet and links to apply online are available on The Centre for Volunteering’s website.
The Volunteering Team
Department of Communities and Justice