Members of the Better Chances Forum discussed the challenges many families are likely to face transitioning back to school full-time. We were reminded that it is more important than ever that we ask families what they need and take the time to listen.
We asked service providers who can offer something to families during this time to use the Community-hub as a place to gather and share information that can support schools and families.
Examples of information you can find include:
- Ready, Set, Go – Child Development & Parent Support Program
- Cranes Families Program
- Rainbow Region Kids before school care, after school care and school holidays Vacation Club.
- Interrelate Free Services to support the community during this challenging time!
- Social Futures Programs for families and children
- Resources from NCPHN for use with families
- headspace Fact Sheet- responding to family conflict
The Better Chances Forum (BCF) is a collaboration supporting better chances for Children and Young People and their families in the Northern Rivers.
For more information email [email protected] or check out our website www.socialfutures.org.au/development/better-chances-forum