TAFE NSW is seeking an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural arts teacher.
The job location is listed as:
- Central and North Coasts – Newcastle and Hunter Valley
- Central and North Coasts – Newcastle and Hunter Valley / Lismore and Far North Coast
- Central and North Coasts – Newcastle and Hunter Valley / Port Macquarie and Mid-North Coast
To be considered for the role you will have:
- a minimum qualification of Certificate III in Aboriginal Arts, Visual Arts or Fine Arts, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Aboriginality (Aboriginality is a genuine occupational qualification and is authorised under Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act of 1977). Candidate should present proof of Aboriginality as part of their application
- TAFE 40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent (we have Scholarships available for those who may be interested)
- Evidence of knowledge and skills in Aboriginal Cultural Arts in NSW
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service
- Commitment and willingness to learn and develop as a professional teacher.