R U OK?Day- September 10, 2020
R U OK?Day is Thursday 10 September 2020. It’s our national day of action when we remind Australians that every day is the day to ask, “Are you OK?” if someone in your world is struggling with life’s ups and downs.
A CONVERSATION CAN CHANGE A LIFE
R U OK? inspire and empower everyone to meaningfully connect with the people around them and start a conversation with anyone who may be struggling with life.
You don’t need to be an expert to reach out – just a good friend and a great listener.
Use these four steps and have a conversation that could change a life:
1. Ask R U OK?
3. Encourage action
4. Check in
Visit www.ruok.org.au/join-r-u-ok-day for more info
We understand that 2020 has been a particularly challenging time for some people and so we have provided several crisis support options below.
- Suicide Call Back Service – Call 1300 659 467 24 hours 7 days: https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/
- Lifeline Crisis Support 24/7– ph: 13 11 14
- Lifeline Text nightly, 6pm – midnight (AEDT) m: 0477 13 11 14
- Lifeline Crisis Chat, 7pm – midnight, 7 days a week: lifeline.org.au/crisischat
- QLife: https://qlife.org.au/
- QLife ph: 3pm – midnight, 7 days a week, ph: 1800 184 527
- QLife webchat 3pm – midnight, 7 days a week: https://q