Walking Tall Program is a women’s mentoring program with individual and group components. The purpose is aimed at increasing self-confidence, interests, knowledge, and strengths in life and increasing opportunities of employment. Mentors and mentees will be involved in workshops, promoting positive self-worth and growth. This six-month program endeavours to empower women.
Mature mentors will be specifically chosen and paired with mentees between the ages of 16 to 24 years old. Types of personalities, culture, and personal interests will be considered to ensure a perfect match is created and positive connections are made.
Monthly reviews of goals will occur to allow for focus and continued reflection on how needs are being met and what changes need to happen to ensure the end goal is achieved.
- Commit to meeting three times per month on a Friday participating in workshops and gatherings.
- Be between the ages of 16-24 years of age
- Be committed to the program and have a willingness to learn
- Have an honest approach to what goals you want to achieve in the program.
- Have a positive attitude and learn whilst having fun.
- Build meaningful relationships with mentors.
Walking TALL Mentee Criteria
- Female aged 16 – 24 Years. (some wriggle room)
- Be connected to the Kyogle LGA.
- Be respectful.
- Wanting support in career pathway steps.
- Ready to make change, ready to work towards greater success.
- Open to working with volunteer mentors and work collaboratively with each other and the facilitator.
- Student, Unemployed, Employed, Part time, Full time, Stay at home mum. ALL WELCOME as long as you can
- Guardian permission if under 18 yrs. of age
Please contact Jade for any questions on 0498008513/66321044 or email [email protected]