In the lead up to the annual 16 days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence (25 November to 10 December), Women NSW and Domestic Violence NSW have partnered to bring you a free webinar series on how the whole-of-NSW Government can prevent sexual, domestic and family violence across a range of settings.
Webinar 1 – Primary prevention of sexual, domestic and family violence (16 October 2020, 10am-12pm)
• What is sexual, domestic and family violence, what drives it and how is it gendered?
• What is primary prevention of sexual, domestic and family violence?
• NSW Domestic and Family Violence Prevention and Early Intervention Strategy 2017-2021
Webinar 2 – Intersectionality and inclusion in primary prevention (3 November 2020, 10am-12pm)
• What is intersectionality?
• What drives sexual, domestic and family violence against Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, migrant and refugee women, women with disability and LGBTIQ+ people?
• How can we challenge the intersecting drivers of violence and make primary prevention inclusive?
Webinar 3 – Prevention in Action: Interagency Challenge (10 December 2020, 10am-12pm)
• What are the priority settings for preventing sexual, domestic and family violence? (Education, Sports, Arts, Health, Family and Community Services, Public Spaces, Transport and Infrastructure, Workplaces)
• What are some promising approaches and initiatives for preventing violence?
• How can you respond to resistance and backlash to efforts to prevent violence?
You can register for the free webinars here: https://whole-of-government-approach-to-prevent-violence.eventbrite.com
Phone: 02 9539 7703 / email: [email protected]
1800 Respect National Helpline: 1800 737 732
Women’s Crisis Line (NSW): 1800 656 463
Safe Steps Crisis Line (Vic): 1800 015 188
Men’s Referral Service: 1300 766 491
Mensline: 1300 789 978
Lifeline (24-hour Crisis Line): 131 114
Relationships Australia: 1300 364 277