For World Suicide Prevention Day, 10th September we are coming together to Sock it to Suicide.
This September 10, for World Suicide Prevention Day, Wellways are running a campaign to SOCK IT to SUICIDE, and we need your help.
Suicide affects many Australians with around 3046 people taking their lives each year, leaving many loved ones and communities affected by these losses.
The good news is that by working together as a community we can make a difference.
From now until September 10 we want you to wear your loudest and proudest socks and share it on Instagram or Twitter using #sockittosuicide2020 and tagging @wellwaysau or by posting you photo or video of support on the Wellways Facebook page.
We understand that 2020 has been a particularly challenging time for some people and so we have provided several crisis support options below.
- Suicide Call Back Service – Call 1300 659 467 24 hours 7 days: https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/
- Lifeline Crisis Support 24/7– ph: 13 11 14
- Lifeline Text nightly, 6pm – midnight (AEDT) m: 0477 13 11 14
- Lifeline Crisis Chat, 7pm – midnight, 7 days a week: lifeline.org.au/crisischat
- QLife: https://qlife.org.au/
- QLife ph: 3pm – midnight, 7 days a week, ph: 1800 184 527
- QLife webchat 3pm – midnight, 7 days a week: https://qlife.org.au/resources/chat
- [email protected] or m: 0417 119 298